- Venue is big but not huge (300-900 people) and both indoor and outdoor are options
- Preferred timing for the event is anywhere from late-Winter to mid-Spring
- In Madison, parking is not an issue, but public transport and alternative transportation aren't particularly good for these locations, either
My thoughts on this kind of event are:
- It can't be a general beer fest because the space just isn't that big - 8 to 10 tables or so, maybe as many as 15 tables - which means at most 30 breweries, so I believe this has to be a "specialty" or "themed" festival - at least if you think about this in terms of typical beer fests - creativity here is an interesting thought;
- The timing is difficult for me personally because of my involvement with Madison Craft Beer Week, so another issue that comes to mind is whether this event would be a Craft Beer Week event - there are enough holidays and things to focus on during this time that it could work as a stand-alone festival; and,
- Each venue has (very good) food, so catering and food, thankfully, isn't an issue and, in fact, could provide an interesting twist on the event
So, any ideas?