In the blog universe, I suppose, this is a bit like "So, I heard from my friend's mom's uncle ..." But some information from The "Beer Me" Blog from MSNBC:
- Budweiser, down 30% to 18,000,000 barrels
- Milwaukee's Best Light, down 34% to 1,300,000 barrels
- Miller Genuine Draft, down 51% to 1,800,000 barrels
- Old Milwaukee, down 52% to 525,000 barrels
- Milwaukee's Best, down 53% to 925,000 barrels
- Bud Select, down 60% to 925,000 barrels
- Michelob Light, down 64% to 525,000 barrels
- Michelob, down 72% to 175,000 barrels
What I find most interesting is this: New Glarus' Spotted Cows sales for the state of Wisconsin is almost 50% of Michelob. Almost. Stan Hieronymous has some more information about this: "Anheuser-Busch sold 8 million barrels of Michelob in 1980 ... It took A-B only eight days in 1980 to sell as much Michelob as it sold in all of 2010."
Frankly, I'm amazed A-B sold 925,000 barrels of Bud Select. I've never seen anyone intentionally order that beer when it wasn't free.
Finally, MGD is 1/10th the sales of Budweiser. Who knew?